Sunday 12 May 2013

Lush Dream cream review!

Hi everyone!
It's Margaret! Even if I had a long break from my dear blog, this doesn't mean I've stopped trying out new products. I had the chance to test the Dream cream from Lush. I was really excited because it's one of their bestsellers and everyone on Youtube seems to absolutely adore it. I finally managed to buy it on a rainy saturday afternoon almost 4 weeks ago.

As soon as I smelled it, I was like "That is my little treat, I know, but I promise I won't get anything else" and so I did: this is my latest purchase. Yay!! (I have to resist :) )


 Lush Dream cream - 19.85 euros

So, this is supposed to be a body lotion - it's famous for being super gentle on sensitive skin and it  seems also effective at curing eczema. That's impressive!  As promised you can see here the ingredient list:


Oat Milk, Rose Water, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cocoa Butter, Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Tincture of Benzoin, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparabenc.

As you can see the majority of the ingredients are really good quality. But let's see in detail the function of every substance:
Natural ingredients
- Oat milk, Rose water: super moisturizing, calming and soothing
- Extra Virgin oil, cocoa butter: extra moisturizing
- Glycerine: humectant and moisturizing
- Rose absolute, Chamomille, Tea tree, Lavender: soothing, relaxing and purifying essential oils
- Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene: allergens
- Tincture of benzoin: natural antibacterial
 Chemical ingredients
- Stearic acid + triethanolamine: combined to emulsify the cream; pH regulators, they do not respect the acid pH of our skin - they could cause allergic reactions
- Cetearyl alcohol: emollient fat alcohol
- Methylparaben, Propylparaben: bad preservatives, they could cause cancer - dangerous

So, this is not the ideal solution for hydrating our skin but I was really curious about trying this out. This did not cause me any problems. In fact I benefit from its soothing property quite a lot - I tested a body scrub which doesn't seem to work for me, my skin was really tight and red afterwards. This did miracles on that. It has quite a thick consistency, not too heavy at all. Actually, it's one of the lightest moisturizers I've tried. Once you rub it in, it disappears quickly, it absorbs fast and leaves your skin feeling smooth and with a lovely scent. It's ideal in the evenings, because lavender and chamomille are really good at making you fall asleep :)

It's a nice body lotion but I don't think I will repurchase it right after I run out because I'm still looking for a better quality lotion - parabens free and possibly entirely natural.
Anyway, if you don't really mind bad ingredients, this could be a great choice - the only meh-side is the price, but I must say that it lasts a long time, you need a little amount for your body.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Do you have any recommendations as for body lotions? Let me know in the comments! I'm curious!

Love, 
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! We will try to reply asap :)