Friday 7 September 2012

June to August Favourites!

Hello girls!
This is my first monthly favourites kind of post and I'm having so much fun that I will start doing it regularly!
This is a bit different from the upcoming others because it's a Summer favourites post!
Ok, so now let's get started!



As for make up, recently I've been loving my Naked palette, which came with me during my holidays. This is a multi purpose product for me because I also used the lightest shade as highlighter. It's handy, compact and you can create tonnes of different looks.
Another product I'm obsessed with is my Benefit Creaseless cream eyeshadow in Birthday Suit (full review here): I applied it as a primer and the eyeshadow lasts longer. It's a lovely, taupe-y shade, great for every look.



Lately, I re-discovered my lipsticks and since it was summer I tried my best to use them. My favourites were:
Max factor n°825 Pink brandy, which is a lovely coral. Extremely creamy, moisturizing, and a fabolous colour. Oh, it lasts something like 3-4 hours, then I re-apply it.
The second lipstick is from Kiko (Italian Brand which sells in different countries in Europe) Velvet Mat n° 613, a dark pink with a lot of purple in it. I used it basically every day, when I didn't want to wear too much make up: just this and nothing but mascara on my eyes and I was alright. I think I will keep on using this also in the winter.

 Left: Kiko - 613 Right: Max Factor - 825


As for haircare, Im really into it lately. During summer, my hair were really dry and it wasn't easy to style them.  But something happend: I discovered the John Frieda Frizz Ease Anti crinkling Serum - heat protection formula. I got it at Sephora quite a while ago. You should apply it both to wet hair before drying and to dry hair to smooth and protect them.  This made my hair feel a lot smoother and easier to style. The bad thing about this serum is the ingredient list: it has some silicons, so once I finish this up I won't repurchase it and try different products. What would you suggest? Tell me!


And then, Skincare! In one of my most recent posts (here) I told you that I had bought the Bioderma Solution Micellaire: this is my current make up remover: gentle, fresh, light. This doesn't cause me breakouts or anything like that, great product!

Another product I absolutely love is my Lush toner: Tea tree water. Since I have combination skin this is perfect for me! This is my third bottle and I'm finishing it up! A bottle will last you for three months, it's a never ending toner! Ahahahahah Seriously, it's fantastic, it contains tea tree, grapefruit and juniper. It's light  and refreshing but it doesn't leave your skin dry at all.



 So these were my Summer favourites! They're not many but I really enjoyed using them!

What were your favourites this month? 
Do you have any requests?
Tell me in the comments! :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! 
Love, 
Margaret

4 comments:

  1. I've heard such amazing things about Bioderma, I can't wait to try it myself xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I must be the only girl left who hasn't tried the Naked Palette! Maybe I should just break down and get it..

    Great list!

    Please visit my blog and follow/comment if you like!

    http://blackandvanilla.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! We will try to reply asap :)